Managing Partner–Ashvin Parekh Advisory Services LLP
Ashvin is Managing Partner - Ashvin Parekh Advisory Services LLP. Ashvin retired as a Senior Partner, National Leader–Financial Services at Ernst & Young, till June 2013. Prior to that he has held Senior positions with Deliotte, Arthur Anderson, PwC and KPMG. He has practiced in London, Dubai, Australia, Germany and the US.
He has over 35 years of work experience in business strategies, corporate planning, institutional strengthening and business transformation across industries including banking, insurance, pension and capital markets both in domestic and global markets. He has worked extensively with FS regulators in India as well as internationally. He is registered with the World Bank and Asian Development Bank as an expert in Financial Services.
He has extensive project management experience covering the India, Sri Lanka, China Australia and East Europe in the financial service sector particularly banking.
Ashvin has been a member of several committees of Ministry of Finance, RBI, SEBI and IRDA
Relevant projects have included:
- Assisted the Ministry of Finance and the Board of Life Insurance Corporation of India to review the solvency of the corporation as well as rendering the corporation in a new business vision stronger product development and actuarial capability, a re-examination of their distribution strategy and an organisational restructure. The project included the review of the international business of the corporation.
- Assisted GIC of India in outlining autonomy roadmap for its four general insurance (direct under writing) subsidiary companies and making them independent general insurers. Restructuring of four subsidiary companies of GIC on the background of reforms in the insurance sector and Formulating of entry strategy into health insurance and managed care sectors.
- Assisted Bank of India in end to end transaction structuring in the asset management space
- Assisted the Board of Canara Bank in entry into the life insurance business and end to end assistance in JV partner search and transaction structuring
- Assisted Allahabad Bank in formulating strategy for Non Life insurance company to be incorporated, search for suitable JV foreign partner, negotiations with the partner and assisting JV for getting regulatory approvals.
- Has been instrumental in formation of 17 life, 11 non-life and 5 health insurance companies on their initial partnership negotiation, in all advised and assisted 33 companies in their partnership negotiations
- Formulated Strategy for Non Life insurance company, Search for suitable JV foreign partner, Initial handholding to the JV for getting regulatory approvals for one of the large public sector banks
- Worked closely with Ministry of Finance, Poland and Central Bank of Poland on strategy and institution capability building, defining role of treasury management and designing the organizational structure for the Central Bank
- Worked closely with the Reserve Bank of India for designing a turnaround strategy for one of the largest public sector bank’s Central Bank of India
Ashvin is an ACS (Institute of Company Secretaries of India), FCA (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India), AICWA (Institute of Cost & Work Accountants), B.Com (University of Mumbai). Ashvin has done his Executive MBA under INSEAD – KPMG program.